UPDATES ON RE-OPENING: We will continue offering our LIVE/Virtual Workouts via Zoom every morning in June, in addition to our new Outdoor Safe-Distancing Workouts (Monday through Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m.). See #1 below with more details. And although we can’t be fully operational inside our training facility, here is an outline of what we consider to be phase 1 of our re-opening, along with some of the upgrades we’ve made in our operating and cleaning procedures. This list is a combination of CDC recommendations, as well as our own ideas to keep our clients safe and healthy.
- Effective Friday May 22nd, we were permitted to operate with 25 or less people outdoors on our property – which is why we will start our scheduled Outdoor Safe-Distancing Workouts on June 1st. These will take place on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. They will still be LIVE via Zoom for those who wish to do an evening workout with us from home. These evening sessions will NOT be recorded. Social distancing will be required during these sessions – as we will be separating each participant by two parking spaces. And clients will bring a yoga mat and/or beach towel for ground/floor work. We are asking that clients bring their own moderate-to-light dumbbells – and if you do not have any, please let us know, and we will try to arrange a loaner set for the workout. We would allow everyone to borrow from us, but we may not have enough to go around. If you need to borrow dumbbells you MUST arrive a few minutes early. Also, please bring a towel and a bottle of water to your outdoor safe-distancing workouts.
- We have always worked hard to keep our facility clean – but we will be stepping up our cleaning regiment and will be disinfecting several times per day – in addition to spending time each evening before closing to completely disinfect our facility. We will be sure to disinfect each piece of equipment after a client is done using it too.
- We purchased a Disinfecting Fog Machine that will spray a disinfectant mist on all the fitness equipment, turf and floor at the end of the day, in addition to manually cleaning door handles and countertops using disinfectant wipes.
- We also have a UV Light to use to disinfect training areas and surfaces, as we have researched the benefits and safety of UV lighting.
- Upon arrival, every client and trainer will have their temperature taken with our touchless scan thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be able to attend training that day (according to CDC recommendations) – and even though 100.4 is considered a low-grade fever, these clients will not be permitted back until they are fever free for 48 hours. And obviously, we ask anyone who is not feeling well or have been exposed to someone not well, please refrain from joining us temporarily.
- We will definitely be practicing safe-distance workouts within the facility – which will be easy for us to accommodate – since we have a 4800 sq. ft. facility with a very controlled and low-number of clients entering our facility at a time. We don’t have a lot of bulky equipment that needs to be spaced out or moved out of the way which is also helpful.
- We will NO LONGER be providing towels for our clients, therefore, we ask our clients to please bring a hand-towel and bottle of water with them to every appointment.
- We will be eliminating signing-in upon arrival . . . One of our trainers will take attendance upon arrival.
- Clients and trainers will wash their hands upon arrival and again before departing. And we will have hand-sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the facility.
- All trainers will be wearing masks – and we are recommending you wear them in between sets, but will leave the choice up to you.
- In between every client, we will be wiping down and disinfecting highly touchable areas like equipment handles, equipment pads, door knobs, handrails, counter tops, table tops etc.
- Once we reopen, we will continue to run the ZOOM/Virtual sessions simultaneously for those still feeling like they’re not quite ready to come back to the facility, but would still like to continue their workouts with us.
- Once we reopen the facility, please be ON TIME so we can get started right away.
- All group training sessions will be 45 minutes and personal training sessions 50 minutes to allow time for people to leave the building before the next client(s) arrive. It will also give trainers the time necessary to wipe down equipment and disinfect training areas in between sessions.
We really miss all of you – but we want you to know how seriously we take this virus along with your health and safety. We want you to ensure our facility is 100% ready for re-opening. This new standard of cleanliness is something we do not take lightly and is a challenge we have met head on.
LET’S GET EXCITED AND STAY INSPIRED – WE MAY BE LIMITING THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS AT A TIME, BUT THIS IS THE KIND OF CUTTING-EDGE TRAINING WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN WE CAN OPEN! https://youtu.be/aDMtOHiv4FQ
June Virtual & Outdoor Training Schedule — These workouts are perfect for adults and teens/athletes of all fitness levels (as variations are offered for all exercises). And although you can still book private, one-on-one virtual sessions, this May Virtual Group Training Calendar shows you exactly what is being offered EVERY DAY – 10 LIVE SESSIONS EVERY WEEK! And we are so excited to introduce Outdoor Safe-Distancing Workouts every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m.! And Monday through Friday, we will still be offering LIVE/Virtual Zoom workouts at 6:30 a.m. and Saturday’s at 7:30 a.m. (with recorded versions posted and emailed to all current June clients). So still being in this stay-at-home mode due to the virus doesn’t mean we can’t set AND meet our fitness goals by summer. It just means we might need a little bit more of a structured plan. Let us help you – Call Michael for a FREE consultation or to sign up for Virtual or Outdoor Training: 908- 403-7605 #investinyou
!MPACT Virtual ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING: !MPACT Training is still offering one-on-one training, but for the time being this is done virtually via the Zoom Cloud Meeting App. The appointments are set the same way you would an in-person appointment, and the video screen allows the trainer and client to see and speak to one another – so it’s a great way to stay connected. Many of our clients are already taking advantage of this and really enjoying it. Need an appointment with one of our trainers, call Michael to get on the schedule @ 908-403-7605.
LIVE YOGA: Sunday, June 14th at 9:00 a.m.: We have arranged for Erin Chung (certified yoga instructor) to come to our back parking lot for a safe-distance yoga session (and it will also be LIVE via ZOOM for those who wish to do it from the comforts of their home)! So please join us on Sunday, June 14th at 9:00 a.m. Yoga session. If you join us at !MPACT, just pull right to the back parking lot, as our building will be closed. Bring your yoga mat and a bottle of water . . . and Erin will make sure everyone is set up two parking spaces apart. We will be using the same LIVE link that we use daily for all CURRENT June clients who signed up for Unlimited Training so this is FREE them – and we will provide the recorded link shortly afterwards. Can’t wait to get back inside !MPACT, but until then, we will do our best to bring out workouts to YOU!
CLEAN-EATING WEIGHT-LOSS PROGRAM: This is a combination of clean eating and supplementation . . . I help you outline your customized program! So if any of you are feeling like this quarantined life has you eating and drinking more than usual, you’re not alone. Many of us have put on a few pounds and are not feeling our best. So rather than wait for this whole “stay-at-home” mode to be over, let’s take charge of our weight, health and overall fitness! If you are working out with us right now that’s awesome . . . but you made need to take things up a notch. As most of you remember me saying, our nutrition equates to 75-80% of our success. So it’s important to pay attention to calories, as well as macronutrients (proteins, carbs, fats) we are consuming each day. This weight-loss program is all coached virtually, and it involves clean eating (with meal-plan examples provided) as well as the use of some supplements that will be shipped directly to your home. I will help you outline your meals and snacks and tell you how to incorporate the supplements from the program . . . If you want to look and feel your best by summer, just text or give me a call to get IN on this NEW weight-loss program: Hill 908-403-7260.
!MPACT Recipe Share: Really Green Smoothie
Great Plant-Based Breakfast for Weight-loss!
1 cup (packed) baby kale or coarsely chopped mature kale
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ ripe avocado
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1-2 teaspoons honey (or omit if you wish)
1 cup of ice cubes
DIRECTIONS: Combine banana, kale, almond milk, avocado, chia seeds and honey in a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add ice and blend until smooth.
IT’S DELICIOUS TOO — ENJOY!
This recipe makes an awesome plant-based breakfast to start your day. It is also great for weight-loss . . . It has balanced nutrition and is low-calorie, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, high-fiber, and contains essential omega-3 fatty acids. It is also vegetarian/plant-based, high in calcium, low-sodium, heart-healthy . . . and great for keeping blood-pressure in a healthy range, AND so good for your immune system – and we could ALL use that right now!
Recipe by: Eatingwell.com
NOTE FROM HILLARIE:
Well although none of us are too happy we are not back to our normal way of training, it looks like we may be able to open our facility with restrictions in the next few weeks – that’s what we’ve heard anyway. We will continue to offer Zoom Workouts for those who are not comfortable yet venturing out, in addition to our Outdoor Safe-Distancing Workouts. We really feel confident we have a much better sense of control than a big-box open gym . . . We have a 4800 sq. ft. facility with only a handful of personal training clients in the facility at a time – and we also have plenty of room to spread out our group training clients. So read over the safety precautions we will be taking (listed at the top of this newsletter), and stay tuned for more info. Our trainers, as well as Michael and myself can’t wait to get back inside our amazing, state-of-the-art facility.
In the meantime, continue to practice good habits for preventing the spread of the virus – like hand-washing often and using hand-sanitizer when necessary; clean countertops, door-handles and commonly-touched surfaces with disinfectant sprays or wipes, wear masks in public and stay home if you are not feeling well. And many THANKS to all the doctors, nurses, EMS workers, hospital staff, police, fire dept. – who are all helping to keep us safe and healthy.
As soon as this virus situation is under control and businesses can open SAFELY, !MPACT Training will be pumped up and STRONGER THAN EVER!
Reach out if there is anything we can help you with. Michael – 908-403-7605